Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Remember That Time I was Locked Out of My Apt?

Hello All,

I wish yesterday was Monday for the simple fact that I could chalk it up to a case of the Mondays. But unfortunately it was not and I couldn't really say "oh well, its because it had a case of the Tuesdays". That's not a thing. So anyways, I'm minding my own business, walking to my apartment after getting home from work yesterday. I put the key in the door and........"nothing". No unlocking occurred. I jiggled the door, the key and tried to use more muscle strength and........."nothing". I mean really, I'm locked out of my apartment. And G's still at work so he couldn't have locked the top lock. And when I say "nothing" I mean nothing was happening- you couldn't hear a lock moving at all. So I called the leasing office. Who first thought it was the key but I was like, "I think maintenance needs to come because the lock has been acting strange lately". So the maintenance guy comes with the master key (like thats going to help but thanks for trying). Again, "nothing". He tries lodging a screw driver in the door to help and still nada. At this point, G left work a few minutes early and comes strolling up and is all "let me try". Sure go ahead and use your muscly strength and open the door because the maintenance guy couldn't even open it using tools. So he tried. I'm not sure what he was expecting to happen but what I expected did happen- nothing.

At this point, I've been home for like 45 minutes with no end in sight. The mainentance supervisor comes over with a ladder. They decide to unlock the balcony door. BUT there is a privacy lock on that one too and of course we keep that locked when we are out. Who doesn't? Yes I know we live on the 2nd floor but still, if there is an extra lock of security, we use it. They ask for the screwdriver so G throws it up. And about 5-10  minutes later, they BREAK INTO OUR APARTMENT. Seriously, they had to practically bust open the balcony door to get in. And the only way the could let us in was by completely removing the lock on the front door.

I couldn't make this up even if I tried. Seriously, our apartment complex had to break into our apartment to let us in. Naturally, they replaced the lock on our main door and promised to return to fix the balcony door. We wanted to make sure that didn't come back on us when we decide to move out. The maintenance guy assured us it would not as they are the ones to do the walk through. Ok sure buddy. Now that I think about it, I should have gotten that in writing.

Oh well, at least its kind of a funny story to tell about how G and I were locked out of our apartment and had to break into it to get in.

Ahh life.

Until next time,

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment