Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cooking Disaster Part 2

Hello All,

I've decided I should probably break up with cooking. Cooking and I have an extremely love hate relationship right now. More towards the hate portion but whatever. Maybe I'll love it again soon. Anyways, so after my oh so delicious garlic-brown suger chicken (oh wait, nope it wasn't "oh so delicious, now was it?!) debacle, I thought I would try round 2 of recipe following. I tried Orange Chicken in the crockpot (the recipe can be found here). Where to begin- it tasted like orange juice with a little bit of chicken. Maybe I put to much OJ concentrate in but it tasted like FREAKING OJ (HOT OJ no less) with a little bit of chicken. Don't even get me started about the peppers and carrots I cut up and put it in there. I think I almost gagged.

In any event, there was a stop at McDonalds afterwards. Comfort food was definitely needed. I'm just so thankful that he attempted to eat it - more than me thats for sure. And pointed out the positives (the chicken was juicy and tender).

But I think its high time I get cooking lessons. Otherwise we'll just have to live at McDonalds. Or Wendy's, Taco Bell... well you get the picture.

Who want's to give me cooking lessons? Need a christmas idea for me- COOKING LESSONS!!! Otherwise, we will be 400 pounds living off of fast food.

Because this cook in training wants to give up. In better news, Stouffer's Family Entrees are on sale at Publix today and Publix has a coupon to go with it. Lasagna or Chicken/Broccoli Bake is on the menu for tonight. I can't screw up a box meal, am I right? Right?

I hope to have just 1 successful cooking post in my future. I await your cooking recommendations/offer of cooking lessons/gift certificates for cooking classes. I'm not picky.

Until next time,

Christina

1 comment:

  1. Time for the confidence builder recipe. Pulled pork.

    Ingredients:
    1 pork shoulder, as big as will fit in your crock pot
    1 large vidalia onion, sliced as thin as you can get it.
    Salt and Pepper, or any spice rub you have lying around.

    Directions:
    1. Place sliced onions at the botton of the pot
    2. Put pork on top of onions, stab the pork repeatedly to break the skin
    3. Spread spice rub on skin and into the newly created pork pockets.
    4. Set pot on "Low" and walk away for 8-12 hours, depending on size of pork.
    5. When pork is done enough to fall off the bone, take it out and cut into small bits. If it's hard to do, then it's not done.
    6. Serve with your favorite bbq sauce and eat pork until you can't move any more.

    ReplyDelete