Thursday, May 17, 2012

Virginia Beach down and now its DC or bust!

Hello world,


So I feel like I'm finally catching up from my Virginia Beach trip. And yet, I'm right back on the road tomorrow headed to good old Washington, DC (well mostly the Virginia side but whatever). But first, a recap of Virginia Beach...


I got in to town Friday night and went directly to Katy's. I had already planned on staying there as we were getting up pretty early for Kenzie's field hockey game (why I was calling it lacrosse for weeks I will never know). It was fun to watch her game and even though they don't keep track of the score or who wins, her team still won. What I enjoyed most was that I got more time to hang out with Katy and her family and to catch up. Also, it didn't hurt that Kenzie had the largest cheering squad out there. After the game, we went over to Katy's parents house for lunch for what I like to call - my dad's favorite place in the world. And if you are wondering, yes- we rubbed it in his face. Then it was time for the main event- Katy's baby shower. It was a great afternoon where Katy was celebrated and her new baby girl soon to come. The best part- coming up with a plan with her cousins, Molly and Emily to best measure what Katy's pregnant belly would be. It involved multiple schemes - the winning one was making Molly and Emily hug while I wrapped the ribbon around them. It gave the room a laugh and their mom took a blackmail picture. While we were super close to the winning line, we didn't win. Sad.


The shower was a blast and I'm glad I went. I would have regretted it if I hadn't gone. After the shower, I went to my grandmother's house and stayed with her. We just relaxed and chatted for the longest time. It was nice and quiet and a great way to catch up. The holidays are always so hectic going this way and that and getting ready for festivities that you rarely get time to chill out and just talk. Which is exactly what we did. I forget how old she is getting and how lucky I am to still have her in my life (my one remaining grandparent). I cherish the moments I get to spend with her. 


Well that was Virginia Beach. A very quick trip as my flight was early Sunday morning. I'm so glad I went. 


And now on to the next main event (who needs to hear about my boring work week- right?!). Grant and I leave tomorrow night for DC - a trip that was originally supposed to happen in March. The best part- every one is in town and free. We will get a chance to see all of the girls (yay for no work trips- thats right, I'm looking at you Steph). We haven't quite scheduled out all the events but I do know one birthday boy who has been waiting to get his new Caps gear- so a trip to a sports store will definitely need to happen. Oh and Hard Times. Best chili ever. And I'll leave you with this- wouldn't it be great if Hard Times and La Tasca could merge into one?! What would be better than chili and sangria. I mean really. Just kidding- but definitely two stops we will be making.


Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment